Wednesday, August 4, 2010

NORTH TO ALASKA

I'm writing this post on the balcony of a cruise ship.   It wasn't the best time to leave town, but this vacation was booked last fall, and as it turns out weather wise, the timing couldn't have been better!

So far, this cruise has been fantastic, except for the fact that my clothes are getting a little tight.

Meanwhile, back at home; Dino is grouting, polishing, and sealing our marble floors, and as soon as we get back home I'm moving furniture in.

Just before we left, I managed to move the $349.00  birds eye maple desk I found  at Home Sense, into the 'Orange' room.     I found a mirror, that I think pairs well with the desk, at Lisa's store, Equinox.
I also found a light fixture, that reference's one of my favourite Hermes scarves, featuring the 'bolduc' aka, the Hermes ribbon.  
I was wondering what to do with all of my ribbons, so this at least puts some of them to use.
I managed to take a few photos before the sun went down, and the light was terrible, so these pictures look pretty dreadful.
I don't exactly know where I'm going with this room; but since it only has to please me, I don't really care.  lol.

The rest of the photos, I took in our stateroom.
It was a wonderful surprise to begin our vacation, with a very welcome, Bon Voyage gift of flowers, and champagne, from the team at Dalton, our builder.
Thank You, for your thoughtfulness, everyone!

I'm sure you're all enjoying a vacation from me!  LOL.

(I didn't plan to post THIS many pictures of the room; but somehow they all loaded when I added them to the blog photo album.)











                              

9 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

If that's a cruise ship I want to know the name of the line...absolutely posh! Suits you duchess!
Happy cruising!

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Hi Leslie, the cruise line is Holland America. The last time we stayed in this stateroom the jacuzzi on the deck didn't work, and this time we didn't even bother.

Victoria BC. was one of our stops, and we have friends there, so it was wonderful to have them show us around.
It's so beautiful, I didn't want to get back onboard.

MissB said...

I lost your blog for a while but oh lucky stars, I found you again this evening. I am so sorry about the build taking up your summer. I've been looking forward to the finishable product (watching you complete rooms!).

I hope the rest of your trip is amazing and hassle-free!
Love and hugs!
Beverly

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Hi Beverly, it's so nice to hear from you!
I hope you are enjoying the summer,that is passing me by this year.
I feel this house will never be finished, and it's hard for me to stay positive.
I've never seen such incompetence and pathetically sloppy work, from trades that are charging top dollar fees.
It seems that no one takes pride in their work these days.
If I had my way, I would only hire old school Italians; they know how to build a house.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh I am glad that you liked Victoria...we love it too!
Holland America will look into that one for a future cruise...
What area of Victoria do your friends live?

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Leslie, they live in Cordova Bay, and their house is right on the water, looking towards the USA. Their view is breathtaking. It's a shame the water is too cold to swim, since they have a little beach.
They were in the pearl business, in Ontario, (I know you love pearls; me too.)
and moved to BC when they retired.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I know that area well...they look across at San Juan and Whitby Islands...the water is cold but the views make up for it. It's a quiet spot and it's a great place to kayak.

I do love pearls....have my eyes on a new very substantial strand of Tahitian ones in various shades of green and grey to some yellow tones...I cannot get them out of my mind!

Hope that you enjoyed the cruise.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

LOVE the use of the hermes ribbons!I always save packaging like that and never know what to do with it. Such a great idea that will be stowed away in my memory bank :-)

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Thanks AD, my next plan is to have them all sewn randomly onto a piece of fabric, then upholster a chair with it.
It's better than letting it pile up.