Monday, October 4, 2010

THANKS, BUT NO THANKSGIVING

Our move in date has been moved so many times, it's become a bad joke.  The current target is the end of October.     I have a hard time believing this, as there is still so much to do, before I can actually move furniture, or even set up my kitchen.         I'm very unhappy that yet another Thanksgiving is upon us, and we won't be enjoying it here.   I know I have much to be thankful for; but our choice of builders, sure isn't one of them.     We are thankful that at least we have a few people on the team, that actually care, and try their best to make things right.

The kitchen counters, are not complete, and the island has presented many challenges.   The glass has broken three times, it's just too large to install in one piece.   The only solution is to seam it in the middle; which is not the best look; but it's way too expensive to keep doing over, and over again.
                                  
The family room is being painted, Farrow & Ball, Dix Blue.   Mirror will be inset above the door, where I had it trimmed out to balance the profile of the kitchen window, and bounce some extra light around.   I really like this colour; especially when the sun is setting.   The October sky has a very moody look, here in Ontario, and the sunsets look spectacular against the vivid hues of the fall foliage.
                                  
The front door, was sanded as smooth as a baby's bottom, then painted Sherwin Williams, Basque Green.
I checked the colour before it was adjusted, and decided to stop, when it reached the shade I wanted.

We had the staircase and railings, painted using the electrostatic method, and I'm pleased with the results.
Now we can have the polished nickel handrail installed.
            
The glass block shower is finished, and the cabinetry is due to be installed.

My closet cabinets have been installed, but we're still waiting for the 'antiqued' mirror to arrive.    All of the doors, drawers, and trim will have mirror set into it.    I plan to mirror the back of the shelves also. My cabinet hardware has a little bling, and the square crystal, references the glass block.



3 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Looks like it won't be too long now...Basque Green is a fabulous shade.
You might consider making a video and linking it to your blog when all is complete and taking us all on the tour!
I can't wait to see it furnished.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Leslie

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Leslie.

If I can get someone to figure out how to put a video on the blog, I will. As it is I can barely post photos.
They keep getting posted, where I don't want them, and I can't figure out how to delete them, aside from starting the post all over again.

The painter likes to use an oil base, so he bought up all the surplus Benjamin Moore bases, and colour matches.

I prefer Sherwin Williams, Duration, for exteriors. It is the best exterior latex paint on the market, and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Oops, I meant lifetime warranty.