Wednesday, April 1, 2009

VIEW FROM UP HERE


I am trying to clear out my iphoto library and delete as many photos as I can.   I have posted a few of these before, but I wanted to look at them again and didn't feel like searching my old posts.
These photos are from last summer and since the weather is so crappy here (raining again) seeing these pictures reminded me that we do have summer once in a while.

I can't wait for this house to be done so I can walk in the woods again.  We have 53 acres of the Happy Valley Forest within our property.     One of the things I love about this property is that from the driveway you can't tell that there is a forest behind the house.
You have to walk up to the top of the hill before it reveals itself.       It always takes my breath away  to look out over the forest.  
It is wonderful to walk the trails and explore the woods.   People ride their horses in these 10,000 acres of continuous forest
I found out yesterday that almost a hundred years ago there was a small distillery on the crystal clear creek that runs through our land.    That is how the forest came to be known as the Happy Valley.
Now I have to research just what type of booze they were making down there?

4 comments:

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Just a note to thank you for dropping in and always nice to hear from another Canadian. I know King City well, used to take rides up there when we lived in Toronto.
You have a gorgeous piece of land, happy building!

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Thank You Sande,I love your blog and I am so happy to have found it.
You have already steered me to a great product, and I purchased it today.

I look forward to shopping your store, your gift wrapping talents are amazing.

Cheers,
Donna

annechovie said...

Thanks so much for your visit and comment! All the best to you with your new home!

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Thanks Annechovie, As soon as we finish this house I am anxious to commission some of your gorgeous paintings.
I love your work.

I am just amazed at how many beautiful things I have found through blogs!