Saturday, March 28, 2009

MEDIA ROOM

I purchased a woven leather and cashmere blanket from Hermes and it was my inspiration for the media room.
My husband had very definite plans for the media room and they sure didn't revolve around a blanket!
This room is his baby; he chose all of the equipment and how it would be set up.
He designed an separate room to house the equipment so it is easily accessed.
He put in a server called "Kaleidescape" that can hold 1000 or more DVD's.    We have been using it at the farm and it is an amazing system.
This room acoustically is as perfect as he could make it.   We will use this room to watch movies of course and listen to music.     It will also house my new turntable, and old vinyl records.

I didn't get to do exactly as I pleased in this room, but I managed to make it work.    The blanket stays in the picture room.

My husband would have had everything in this room black, so I am just happy to have had the limited colour compromises.

We decided to have "Stressless" brand chairs in this room because they are comfortable and easy to move around.     Since we will also enjoy music and conversation in this room we wanted to be able to face each other.    Cinema type chairs were too bulky and we don't always want them side by side.

I am not a fan of heavily pebbled leather and only one red leather was not pebbled.
Lucky for me it works.    I also had only one colour selection for the wall fabric, it had to be the darkest.
Lucky for me it also works.   I will wait to choose the carpet, I plan on doing a loose lay in wool.
We are installing a cork floor first.   I would have loved leather floor tiles; but I can live with cork.

I took pictures with my Hermes lizard agenda in Bordeaux as a colour reference.

No comments: