Friday, February 20, 2009

STILL WINTER

I feel like it is always winter.   I barely remember coming to the job site in the summer on a beautiful day.
The weather has been against us this entire build.
Due the permitting delays and all of the environmental studies that needed to be done we were already months behind.

Things are starting to really move along now.   The five wind turbines are up; but not operational yet.
The towers are 32 feet high so they are very visible from a distance.    They are not too bad looking although  I would have preferred a location  where they weren't so noticeable.    The top of the hill was the the ideal place since they need to be 80 feet apart.

The insulation is almost complete and the drywall is being installed.   The rooms look so much bigger with the drywall.

Oleg has started to install the staircase.     There is still so much work to do welding the railings and  various applied iron details.      This is very heavy iron and it is quite amazing that Oleg makes it look almost effortless.     He really is a very talented artisan.
My big concern is falling down or more likely for me, up these stairs.    Either way it will not be good.
I am glad we put in an elevator now.

I took a picture of our house here at Stillwater Farm, or Stillwinter Farm as I have been calling it lately.

No comments: